Saturday, September 3, 2011

nine months of bliss

I LOVED being pregnant.  I felt great and had no complications.  There was one scary moment during those nine months when I was out walking the dog and I fell flat on my stomach.  It was the scariest moment of my life, and it was then that I realized a lifetime of worrying was about to begin.  I was 25 weeks along and therefore needed to go to the hospital to be monitored for four hours.  I remember the nurse coming in about halfway through and telling me and Mike that our baby was "amazing".  She said that what she was seeing on the monitor was what she would see in a full term baby.  Of course we were already proud of "baby W"!

Mike and I had decided not to find out what we were having.  It is one of the few surprises in life and it made the nine months that much more exciting.  This being said, EVERYONE had an opinion of what we were having, and almost all of them guessed boy.  One woman on Kiawah Island's beach told me she was certain I was having a boy and that I better have a boy name picked out.  Well, I'd like to find that woman now and tell her she was wrong.

It was a girl!!

2 comments:

  1. We didn't find out the sex of our babies either, and honestly, the best part of that was how much it drove some of our family crazy! That's cool that you went that route - what was your boy name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does drive people crazy. They can't believe we didn't want to find out, and we wouldn't share names either during the pregnancy. Our boy name was Bennett.

    ReplyDelete